Sunday, August 5, 2012

Family & Family History Library Visit


If you are wondering why there have been no postings for the past several days it's because I'm in beautiful Ogden and Salt Lake City, Utah at the Family History Library doing research and spending some time with my son and his family.

I spent most of Wednesday at an annual retiree picnic of retirees from the company I worked at while living here in Utah. 

Thursday and Friday were spent at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. In the late afternoon Friday I visited with an old friend in South Jordan and had a wonderful time with her and her husband.

The weather out here is hot like it is back home but the humidity is great making the weather a lot more pleasant here than back east. 

Today, I went to see a real dear friend who is a very special person in my life. She’s 91 and her health has deteriorated since my visit in the Fall of 2010; I missed making my annual trek to Utah in 2011.

Here are a few photos from my trip thus far. I will be back on track with my genealogical posting by mid-week.

Family History Library Entrance

This is a scanning station where  you can scan the documents you want to save to a digital file and add them to your own pocket drive at no cost to you except your time. Time at the station is limited to 30 minutes max for a station when personnel are waiting.

These stations use the eImageData Microfilm Scan Pro 1000 to copy the microfilm. This model is no longer available. The current available model is eImageData Microfilm Scan Pro 2000.

These are amazing machines and its awesome what can be done to make a bad image into a great image.

Downtown Ogden has seen some changes since my last visit. The Ogden Temple is currently being  remodeled and the Horse theme throughout downtown Ogden is a nice touch.




1 comment: