Isham B. Hinson
b. 24 Nov 1809
d. 29 June 1894
He was faithful to every duty
Nancy Brock Hinson
d. 2 November 1899
She was an affectionate mother and faithful friend
bu. Stafford Cemetery No. 1
Livingston Parish, Louisiana
|Copyright © 2009 SMack, used with permission|
Isham Brackin Hinson was born 24 November 1809 in Georgia. His father is believed to be John Hinson.
He married Mary Jane Brock about 1837, In the 1840 Census Isham and Mary Jane are enumerated with on male child under 5 in Pike County, Mississippi. Isham and Mary Jane would have 4 children; 2 son and 2 daughter before Mary Jane passed away about 1846, most likely due to complication with the birth of their last child James Hinson.
His wife Mary Jane Brock was born abt 1820, a daughter of James L. Brock and Elizabeth Purvis. She most likely was born in Alabama. Her Grandparents James F. Purvis and his brother Gilbert Purvis migrated from Chesterfield County, South Carolina about 1818 moving through Georgia to Clarke County, Alabama and eventually settling in the Hinds/Rankin County are of Mississippi.
The death of Mary Jane about 1846 left Isham in a bad situation. The life of a farmer during those time was no picnic. He had to find someone to care for his four children, age newly born to 8 years of age.
On 30 November 1851, Isham Hinson married Nancy Brock. Nancy Brock and Isham first wife Mary Jane were 1st cousin once removed. Nancy’s parents were William Brock and his wife Charlotte. Nancy Brock was previously married to John Glascock who passed away before 1850.
Isham and Nancy Brock would have two additional children; Mose Pierce and Franklin Marion Hinson.
Isham Brackin Hinson died 29 June 1894 in Springfield, Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Nancy lived another 5 years and a few month passing away on 2 November 1899. They both are buried as indicated by their tombstone in Stafford Cemetery No. 1, Livingston Parish, Louisiana.
1. 1850 U. S. Census, Pike County, Mississippi, population schedule, Police District 1, Pike, Pike County, Mississippi, Page 21A(stamped), Line 14, Dwelling 265, Family 266, Household of James BROCK; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : viewed 2 January 2014); citing National Archives Microfilm M432 Roll 380.
2. 1860, Livingston Parish, Louisiana, population schedule, Springfield PO, Livingston Parish, Louisiana, Page 279, Line 30, Dwelling 813, Family 813, Household of I. B. HINSON; digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : viewed 12 Oct 2012); citing National Archives M653-413.
3. Mississippi, Hines County, Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Not listed, Marriage: Isham B. Hinson and Mrs. Nancy Glasscock, 30 November 1841; www.ancestry.com, Jackson, Mississippi.
4. 1850 Census, Hinds County, Mississippi, population schedule, Hinds County, Mississippi, Page 115B/178B (stamped); Line 33,, Dwelling 916, Family 916;, Household of Nancy GLASSCOCK; online database, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : Viewed 12 October 2012); citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, Roll 372.
5. Find A Grave Memorial# 34140054 - Isham Brackin Hinson
6. Find A Grave Memorial# 34140226 - Nancy Brock Hinson