Friday, February 16, 2018

Update on Carolina Family Roots


The past two weeks have been very distressing in our quiet little home. On 4 February, I sat down at my computer to do a blog post and some minor research. When I got up from my computer I noticed that my left knee was severely swollen. I thought nothing of it, rubbed it with liniment and went to bed.

At approximately 3:30 am Monday morning I got up to use the bathroom and fell flat on my behind. Needless to say, there is no way my wife can lift a 210# man so she had to dial 911.

The Rescue Squad was called and off I go to the hospital where I was diagnosed as having an infected knee. Don't know why it's infective, but it is.

On Tuesday, 6 February the Doctors operated on the knee flushing 6 gallons of water through the knee to remove any infection and bacterial residue.

On Friday, they rush to get me out of the hospital; an event that they failed at on Thursday, 8 February.

On Saturday, the home health nurse came for her initial visit; checked my temperature; called the Doctor and had me readmitted to the hospital on 10 February.

On 11 February, I again had the same flushing procedure done on my left knee. I was released from the hospital on 13 February and am presently at home and doing well.

I have a blot clot in my left leg and is on blood thinners to prevent further issues.

I don't know when I will be back posting but I will be back.

Please keep me and my lovely wife Melba in your thoughts and prayers. 


1 comment:

  1. Charlie, I'm sad to hear this news but glad you are recovering. It must be nice to be home again under Melba's living care. Don't rush your recovery. My prayers go out to both of you.

    ReplyDelete