Welcome

TO CAROLINA FAMILY ROOTS. Thanks for reading and commenting about my blog postings. My goal is to accurately document the genealogy of my family and allied families living in Chesterfield County, SC and Anson County, NC. If you have a Chesterfield County surname you are interested in please send me an e-mail.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - John Craig House

Pin It


203 E. Main Street,
Chesterfield, South Carolina

Built 1798 - Town first settler John Craig
 Headquarters for Gen. William T. Sherman, Civil War  
Oldest House in Town







______________________________
[1] Historic Chesterfield South Carolina Brochure, A Visitor's Guide to Chesterfield's Historic Homes and Buildings, Historical Society of Chesterfield County, Chesterfield, South Carolina.

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that such an important, historic building is in such great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,

    It's an old town that dates back to 1785. I will be posting other photos around the town and County (I hope) over the next few weeks.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete

//