Sunday, December 16, 2018

Last Will and Testament~David Dry, 1879


David Dry is a real mystery. His Last Will and Testament is the only document I have found that mentions or names David Dry.

D. W. Honeycutt could be David W.., b. 1821 son of James Irvin Honeycutt or Drewry Wesley, b. 1820, son of Reuben George Huneycutt.

If you have any information on this man or any of the individuals mentioned within the Will I would love to hear from you.


Page 253pages 254 - 255

David Dry
Will Book 3, page 253, 254 and 255.
North Carolina} In Probate Court
Cabarrus County}
A paper writing purporting to be the last will and testament of David Dry is exhibited before me by Toney Reed one of the Executors therein named which is in the following means and figures to wit:
I David Dry of the county of Cabarrus and state of North Carolina being of sound mind and memory but considering the uncertainty of my earthly existence do make and declare this my last will and testament in manner and form following, that is to say;
First, that my Executors (hereafter named) shall provide for me, a decent burial suitable to the wishes of my family and friend and pay all funeral expenses together with my just debts out of the moneys that may come unto their hands as a part or parcel of my estate.
I give and devise unto my beloved wife Tamar Dry the entire tract of land on which I now live together with all my personal property the land consisting of forty two + one third acres to have and to hold to her the said Tamar/Tomas Dry for and during her natural life.
I give and devise to Tamar Ann Frances Barnheart two thirds of my land to be laid off so as to include the buildings, together with all my personal property to take affect after our death on the following conditions to wit That the said Tamer  A. F. Barnheart shall remain with and take care of us during during <sic> our natural lives and in the event she should fail to comply with the above conditions then and in that case this clause shall be void. 
I give and devise to William Geo. Martin Dry one third of my land to be laid off on the east side of Beus Creek.
I give and devise to my children the sum of one dollar each. And lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my trusty friends Peter J. Lentz  + Tonly/Towly Reed my lawful Executors to all interests and purposes to execute this my last will and testament according to the true intent and meaning of the same and every part and clause thereof.
In witnefs whereof I the said David Dry do hereunto set my hand and seal this 4 day of January AD 1877.
Signed, Sealed, published and declared
By the said David Dry to be his last will        David x his mark Dry {seal}
And testament in the presence of us who
At his request and in his presence
Do subscribe our names as witnefses
Thereto
                 D. W. Honeycutt
                 Peter J. Lentz
                 Toney? X his mark Reed







________________________
[1] "North Carolina Probate Records, 1735-1970," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-195-2626228-1-79?cc=1867501 : accessed 29 May 2016), Cabarrus > Wills, 1868-1888 > image 129 of 302; county courthouses, North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment