Monday, December 18, 2023

DEED OF GIFT – Henry Davis, Jun'r to Benjamin Davis.

 DEED OF GIFT


Transcription:

DEED OF GIFT – HENRY DAVIS, JUN’R TO BENJAMIN DAVIS 

South Carolina} 

Marion District} Know all men by these presents that I Henry Davis, Jun’r in consideration of the Affection which I have for My relation Benjamin Davis do Give & release unto the Said Benjamin Davis all my rights Title Interest & Claim which I could have In that part of Thomas Port Will left to Francis Port During her natural life according to Said Thomas Ports Will to have & to hold all Such rights Title Interest & Estate to him & To his heirs forever In Witnefs whereof I have hereunto Set my Hand & Seal this 30th October 1817. Henry Davis Jun’r Signed in the presence of JB. Godfrey B. F. Godfrey. 

South Carolina} 

Marion District} Personally appeared before Me Austin Stone one of the Justices of the peace of said District John B. Godfrey who being duly sworn declareth that he saw Henry Davis Jun’r Sign & deliver the within instrument of writing for the uses and purposes therein contained and that Benj. F. Godfrey was a Subscribing Witnefs To the Same JB Godfrey. Sworn before me this 30th Oct. 1817. Austin Stone J.P. Marion County 

Benjamin Davis was the son of Evan David, Sr. and Jane Rees and the husband of Rachel Port. Henry Davis is most likely the Grandson of Benjamin and Rachel. 

Thomas Port was the Brother of Rachel Port. 

Thomas Port's Last Will & Testament contained the following bequest: "it is my will that the residue of my personal Estate to Equally divided between my Brothers & Sisters "Children Share and Share alike." 

Benjamin Davis is my 5th Great Grand Uncle.


__________________________________

1. Register of Deeds Deed Book G, page 57 

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSLV-5V1P?i=464&cat=472601

No comments:

Post a Comment