Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tombstone Tuesday~Baby Levina Purvis


While working in my database this week I realized that a Find A Grave Memorial did not exist for one of the children of my paternal grandparents.

My Grandparents, James Frances “Jim”  Purvis and Lucy Pearl “Pearly” Deese Purvis had  7 children but only 6 were known. Many in our family knew that Jim and Pearly had a daughter that had died as an infant; but, the child was always known as baby Purvis. Their first born was a daughter, named Levina. While we knew the exact location of Baby Levina grave; I have found no documentation that proved her exact date of birth and death. A single note exist in my database stating that “Levina died at birth as told by my Grandmother Lucy Pearl Purvis.” She is buried in the Morven Cemetery beside her parents.

DSC_0697

Her grave contains no marker but is outlined in  a circle of stones. The flowers in above photo are at the head of her grave.

Levina now has her own memorial.

Levina Purvis

















______________________________
[1] Find A Grave Memorial# 124910885

1 comment:

  1. Those baby graves always tug at the heart strings and make us wonder how would the lives of the family changed if the baby had lived.

    ReplyDelete