Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The Last Will and Testament of David Davis, Jr.

 Mecklenburg County North Carolina June 23d 1828

Be it know to all whom it may concern that I divide my plantation into three parts To my son John I divide that part of my land, lying on the West side of the hollow below his fields, crossing the Creek a little above, the lock ford to Joseph Ewarts line. The other two divisions lying on the North & South sides of the Clarks Creek running by my spring.This Creek to be the dividing line of these parts. Silas my son to have choice of the last divisions. The other to be equally divided in valuation between my daughter Elizabeth S. & my grandson Thos. Green Barnet. To Elizabeth and her heirs, should she have any, I allow the half of the proceeding parts.The Smith tools & wagon I wish to be a common stock for the use of all the members of my family; all at the same time contributing their proportional part of labor or expense to repairing them when necessary; or forfeit their right to the use of one or both. My Wife Jane I allow to hold my mansion house during her life and them to have the disposal of all the household furniture.
Signed in                                                                       David Davis
the presence of us
Walter Pharr Jur’t
Jane B. Pharr
 


David Davis was borne about 1758, a son of Rev. David Davis and his wife, Jane Miles.

David married Rebecca Jane Willis on 20 January 1781. His grandson, Thos. Green Barnet,  named within this Will was the son of  of daughter Jane and her husband William Graham Barnett. 

Research data pertaining to the Davis surname during this time period is rare, elusive, hard to find and verify. So this document is a “Works in Progress.” You should verify all data to ensure its validity. 


David Davis, Jr. is my 4th Great Grand Uncle.



____________________________
Source: https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/545423:9061?tid=&pid=&queryId=813a0c3df704a7cbe97b31333b7de26b&_phsrc=ngE6&_phstart=successSource

No comments:

Post a Comment