Monday, January 29, 2024

Last Will and Testament Samuel W. Driggers, Jr.

 Last Will and Testament Samuel W. Driggers, Jr. 

Transcription:

The State of South Carolina}

Marlboro County}  Know all men by these presents that I Samuel Driggers of the State and County  above named being of sound mind and disposed in memory and being desirous to dispose of all my worldly goods in form as follows. vis,

1st. My will and desire is that all my just debts be paid out of my personal property, after my death. 

2nd. I will and bequeath to my wife Pernina Driggers all of my property both personal and real estate during her natural life, or during her widowhood and in case she marries after my death my estate to be divided as I direct below. 

3rd. After my wifes death my desire is that my land be divided as follows. My son Hampton to get the house tract beginning at a stake on the  lane or avenue and runs 211 yds on avenue then parallel with the Estate lands (Estate Lands of L. E. Driggers) across the Juniper bay to Chamis Land, or to my back line.  

4th My daughter Ada, Flora and Ana Driggers to get the next lot being at Hamptons corner on avenue and runs with said avenue 225 yards to a stake then parallel with Hamptons line across the bay to Chamis line.  

5th. My son Samuel to get the 3rd lot beginning on avenue at the three girls, corner and runs up avenue 236 years then parallel with their line across the bay to my Back line.

6th. My Daughter Margaret Polston to have the balance on the west side of the avenue. 

7th. My son Lawrence A. Driggers to get the grave yard tract Beginning at William Griffins corner and runs with the avenue to the Estate lands of L. E. Driggers, then to Archibalds line and with his line to the Griffin line. 

8th. My desire is that at the death of my wife my sons Lawrence A. and Hampton get a good horse a piece or the equivalent in money, and the balance of my personal effects to be equally divided between my son Lawrence A. and Hampton Driggers. 

I do hereby nominate, constitute and appoint my wife and my son Samuel Driggers and Jas. S. LeGett sole executors of this my last Will and Testament. I do hereby publish and declare this to be my last will and testament in the presence of 

This the 29th day of April 1884 as witness whereof I hereunto set my hand and seal in the presence of 

Witness Laura T. Sherwood}                     Samuel X his mark Driggers {LS} 

     Julia M. Legett}

     Janie M. Lawain}  {Recorded Feb. 10-1887}

Samuel W. Driggers, Jr. died 15 Novemeber 1886. His wife, Pernina (Polston) Driggers died 13 Septemeber 1908. Surviving them were 12 children. One son had also passed in 1883 at the age of 28.    





_________________________________

1. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939L-V9BB-3

No comments:

Post a Comment