Thursday, April 21, 2016

Treasure Chest Thursday~Affidavits to Obtain Marriage License~Parr & Hall


Nettie Hall Marriage Licensee
MARRIAGE LICENSE
AFFIDAVITS TO OBTAIN LICENSE.

STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA}
County of Chesterfield}
I do solemnly swear that I am legally capacitated to marry; that my full name is Benjamin F. Parr………..that my age is 30 years and……..…months; my place of residence is Chesterfield County, SC….; my race is white; my nationality is American ------My wife is dead----
SWORN to before me this 11th}                      B. F. Parr
Day of July A.D. 1914 }
(L. S.) M. J. Hough}
Probate Judge

STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA}
County of Chesterfield}
I do solemnly swear that I Nettie Hall is legally capacitated to marry; that her full name is Nettie Hall, her age is 24 years and her place of residence is Chesterfield County, SC….; her race is white; her nationality is American.
SWORN to before me this 11th}                         B. F. Parr
Day of July A.D. 1914 }
(L. S.) M. J. Hough}
Probate Judge

STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA}
County of Chesterfield}
WHEREAS, it has been made to appear to me M. J. Hough Judge of Probate for Chesterfield County, upon oath, that Benjamin F. Parr of Chesterfield Co., SC and Nettie Hall of Chesterfield Co., SC are legally capacitated to contract matrimony; and that their age are respectively 30 and [no] months, and 24 years and [no] months; and that their race is white; and their nationality is American.-----

THESE are, therefore, to authorize any person qualified to perform marriage ceremonies to perform the marriage ceremony for the persons above named, and for the so doing this shall be sufficient warrant.

Given under my Hand and Official Seal this 11th day of July, 1914.
                                                    M. J. Hough
 
Benjamin and Nettie were married and had five children; three daughters and 2 sons.






















No comments:

Post a Comment