Friday, March 30, 2012

WILL of KINCHEN PRIVETT



Kinchen Privett was born abt 1810 in South Carolina and died in the early part of 1878. He married Mary Vaughn about 1837. The only known child of Kinchen and Mary is their daughter Sarah Jane who married a Tucker. Sarah Jane had three children that were named in Kinchen's  Will  probated in 1879. Sarah Jane Tucker had two additional children not mentioned in her Father's Will.


State of South Carolina }
Chesterfield County }    In the name of God Amen. I Kinchen Privett of the County and State aforesaid being of sound mind and disposing memory do hereby make ordain publish and declare this to be my Last Will and Testament [1]in manner following:

1st It is my will and desire that all my just debts remaining unpaid at the time of my death be paid out of the proceeds of the sale of enough of my personal property to paid said debts.

2nd I will and bequest all of the Estate real and personal of which I may die seized and possessed unto Franklin A. Tucker, Mary Jane Dorcas Tucker and Ellwell Tucker children of Sarah Jane Tucker to be equally equally [sic] divided amongst them whenever whenever [sic] the said Franklin A., shall become twenty-one years of age. It is also my will that the Sarah Jane shall have a home and support on my land and out of my property as long as she conducts herself properly and with good behavior and no longer.

3rd  It is my will that my wife Mary shall continue to reside on my lands after my death as long as she may live and be supported off of my lands and out of my personal property. It is also my will that the above mentioned children shall continue to reside on said lands and have the use of the same as well as my personal property after my death till the division of said property as provided in section 2nd above.

It is also my will and desire that my friend George F. Boatwright[2] act as my Executor and see to carrying out the provisions of this my last Will and Testament. I hereby revoke all other Wills heretofore by me made declaring this to be my last Will and Testament.
In witness whereof I have signed my name and affixed my seal this third day of November in the year of our Lord on thousand eight hundred and seventy-one.

Signed sealed published and declared}                                         his
By the Testator to be his last Will}                                   Kinchen  X  Privett
And Testament who in presence of us}                                          mark
signed the same & at whose request}
& in the presence of each other}
we in the presence of the Testator}
Signed the same as witnesses to the}
same.    }
McLean McFarland}
James C. Chapman}
M. J. Hough}

Appraisers for the estate were A. J. Eddins, W. A. Davis and M. Davis. Petition for final discharge of the estate was made by Thomas F. Mallory on 6 Dec 1880.


[1] "South Carolina Probate Records, Files and Loose Papers, 1732-1964," Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, Family Search (https://www.familysearch.org/ : Viewed March 2012), microfilm of original, "Kinchen Privett Estate File (0371) and Will," Images 1124-1125.

No comments:

Post a Comment