Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday – Essie Arie Deese Boswell

  
Essie D. Boswell Tombstone
Tombstone Photo Courtesy of Julious Burr

Essie Arie Deese was born on 26 Mar 1911 in Morven, Anson, North Carolina. She was the oldest daughter of John Lucian Deese and Lela Aileen Purvis.

Essie Arie Deese and Johnny Robert Boswell were married on 27 Nov 1927 in Chesterfield, Chesterfield, South Carolina. Johnny Robert Boswell, son of John William Boswell and Bannie Laura Solomon, was born on 29 Jul 1903 in Morven, Anson, North Carolina.

Essie Arie died on 16 Feb 1997 at the age of 85 in Chesterfield, Chesterfield, South Carolina and was buried in the Morven Cemetery on 18 Feb 1997 in Morven, Anson County, North Carolina.[1][2]

Essie and I were first Cousin once removed. Her Mother Lela Aileen Purvis was my Grand Aunt. Essie was a very sweet and kind lady. I enjoyed my visits with her when I came home to see my Mother.



----------------------------------------------
[1] Jim Tipton, Find A Grave, digital image, http://www.findagrave.com; Headstone for Essie Arie Deese Boswell; (26 March 1911–16 February 1997); Memorial # 65384426; Record of the Morven Cemetery; Morven, Anson County, North Carolina, USA; Accessed on 3 April 2011.
[2] Essie Deese Boswell obituary, Tha Anson Record, Wadesboro, Anson County, North Carolina, USA, 19 February 1997, page 7A.




Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. My step-grand father Harold Deese was your uncle he was a man that brighten up your day if you needed him. I loved him with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timothy,
      Yes, he was. You were fortunate to have him in your life.

      Charlie

      Delete