Wednesday, November 26, 2014

52 Ancestors: #48, William A. Purvis

 
52ancestors

Amy Johnson Crow of No Story To Small has started a challenge of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.

From her blog “The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.”

The focus of my blog post today is William A. Purvis, my 2nd Great Grandfather.

In January 2012, I started his blog with the intent to network with other researchers in our genealogical search. At that time William A. Purvis, my paternal 2nd Great Grandfather was a genealogical brick wall and had been for the past 36 years.

In my very first posting I provided a detailed timeline of William’s life from the his first appearance in 1860, Anson County, North Carolina until his death between 23 September 1899 and May 1900. That posting can be read here:

http://carolinafamilyroots.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-brickwall-william-purvis.html

On 19 November 2012, I followed up with an article entitled Parents of William A. Purvis which can be accessed here:

http://carolinafamilyroots.blogspot.com/2012/11/mystery-monday-parents-of-william-purvis.html

Today the name of William’s parents still eludes my search; but DNA has proven that there is a connection to the James F. Purvis, Sr. family. James F. Purvis, Sr. is the brother of Gilbert Purvis and the two are sons of John Purvis and Sarah Johnson.  

If you are a direct descendant of either Gilbert, James F. or Joseph Purvis I encourage you to participate in the autosomal DNA testing at Ancestry, FTDNA Family Finder or 23andMe. I’m specifically looking for male Purvis’ from one of these lines to participate in the Y-DNA and Family Finder testing. If interested please contact me at my Gmail address which can be found on the right side of this blog posting. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment