Saturday, June 16, 2018

It’s Family Time~Julius Johns and Mary Catherine ‘Mamie’ Brock

Its-Family-Time2
Julius Johns and Mary Catherine Brock are my maternal grandparents. They both had passed away long before I was born.

My Grandfather Julius was killed when he was run over by an automobile. Grandma Mamie passed away 1 year 1 month and 1 day later. I knew from my Mother that her dad (my grandfather) had died on 16 May 1937 but I could not find any documentation, It wasn't until my Aunt reminded me that there were no hospital in Chesterfield County in May 1937 that I found his death certificate across the state line in Union County, North Carolina.

Julius and Mamie were married on Sunday, 16 June 1912 in Chesterfield County, South Carolina.

Julius Johns and Mamie Brock Marriage Licensee
Click to enlarge
















Julius and Mamie would have 8 children one of which was stillborn. Two daughters and 5 sons would live a long and prosperous life.

Grandparents-Julius Johns and Mary Catherine ‘Mamie’ Brock


________________________
[1] https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C91V-9W97-3?i=491&cat=956700

No comments:

Post a Comment