Monday, January 27, 2020

POWER OF ATTORNEY~Nancy Davis, Revolutionary Pension Claims



R. A. WATERS, Print, D street, bet. 9th and 10th

POWER OF ATTORNEY – Revolutionary Pension Claims.




Know all Men by these Presents, That I, William Davis, son of Nancy Davis and for her use and benefit as she is now unable from bodily infirmity to attend Court hereby constitute and appoint A. S. Wallace, Yorkville, S. C. my true and lawful Agent and Attorney, to prosecute the Claim of my mother Nancy Davis for any amount of revolutionary Pension, or Increase of Pension, that may be due; and I hereby authorize my said Agent to examine all the papers and documents in relation to said claim; on file in the Departments at Washington City, or elsewhere; to file additional evidence or arguments; and to receive the Certificate which may be issued for said Claim, which Certificate I wish may payable to her my mother Nancy Davis

To appoint one or more substitutes under him for all purposes herein expressed; and to do all things that I might or could do were I personally present. Hereby ratifying and confirming all that my said Attorney and Agent shall lawfully do in the premises.
Witness my hand and seal this 16th day February A. D. 1853.

                                                                                           s/ W. Davis

Signed and Sealed in the presence of}
J. C. Craig
Rilah Smith




State of South Carolina}
District of Chesterfield}
On this Sixteenth day of February A. D. 1853. Before me, the subscriber Ordinary a Justice of the Peace in and for the District aforesaid, personally appeared William Davis ---- and acknowledged the foregoing Power of Attorney to be his act and deed, for the purposes therein mentioned.

In Testimony Whereof, I hereunto set my hand and Seal of Office the day and year aforesaid.
                                                                                         J. C. Craig Ordinary



Nancy (Rivers) Davis death date is unknown; but, by this document we know she was alive, but infirm, on 16 February 1853. 

Nancy Davis is my 4th Great Grandmother; her son, William Davis, is my 3rd Great Grand Uncle. 







______________________________________
[1] Rev. War Pension for Nancy Rivers Davis, Widow of Thomas Davis (W-8655)
https://www.fold3.com/image/1/15484640









No comments:

Post a Comment