Sunday, March 24, 2024

Marriage Contract~Augustine Hunnicutt & Bramble Hart

Bramble Hart Marriage Contract. 

To all Persons to whom these Presents shall come Know ye, that Whereas Bramble Hart of the County of Surry does agree to enter into the Honourable Estate of matrimony with me upon Conditions that she may and shall remain in quiet and peaceable Possession of all the property both real and personal, she now has in possession without lott? or molestation, and also that she may possess and enjoy all the Estate both real and personal I have now in my possession, during her natural Life: I Augustine Hunnicutt do therefore for the good Will I have for her the said Bramble Hart and for sundry other Causes, now before such Intermarriage, agree to permit her to remain for ever in quiet and peaceable possession retaining to herself the Right of Disposal of all the Estate now in her possession: I do also further agree in Case of my Death to permit her to possess and enjoy all the Estate I now have in possession both real and personal during her natural Life, and then to revert to my children agreeable to my Last Will and Testament or agreeable to Law, in the same manner as if this writing had never been made, any law to the Contrary notwithstanding I do further declare that these presents shall for ever be, and remain a Bar to prevent any of my Heirs, Executors or Administrators, or any other person or persons claiming by, thro, or under me after my Decease from any possession, claim

Page 2

or Recovery contrary to the true meaning & Intent hereof, and lastly I also agree at all Times hereafter to impower her the said Bramble Hart as well after she takes upon her the name of Bramble Hunnicutt as before to dispose of her Estate now in her possession both Real and personal by Will or otherwise as she shall think proper with Lott? or molestation either by me the said Augustine Hunnicutt, my Heirs, Executors, Administrators, or any other Person or persons claiming by,  thro [through], or under me. In Witness whereof I the said Augustine Hunnicutt do hereunto set my Hand and affix my seal this twenty Seventh day of February Anno Domini One thousand Seven hundred and Eighty three.              

                              Augustine X Hunnicutt {Seal}                                                his mark

Signed, Sealed 

and delivered in 

presence of 

James Kee

Henry Moring 

Mark Judkins   At a Court held for Surry County March 26th 1783  The afore written Marriage Contract between Augustine Hunnicutt & Bramble Hart was proved to be the Act and Deed of the sd Augustine by the oaths of James Kee, Henry Moring, Mark Judkins the Witnesses thereto and Ordered to be Recorded.

Teste: J. Faulcon 

 Examined


The Augustine Hunnicutt that married Bramble Hart on 25 February 1783 was a son of Augustine Hunnicutt III and his wife Ann. Her maiden name has not been confirmed but many lists her as a Seward. He was Augustine the 4th. He was also previously married to Ann Edwards, deceased  and they had 4 children. Augustine would pass away between 1787 and 1792.     

________________

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9PX-K39C


No comments:

Post a Comment