Monday, May 7, 2018

Amanuensis Monday~Stanly County, NC Will of Elizabeth Stallings Dry, 1892

Amanuensis Monday is a genealogy blogging theme. It was started by John Newmark who writes the TransylvanianDutch blog.
His definition of Amanuensis is:


Amanuensis: A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another.

Today’s subject is the Stanly County, NC Will of Elizabeth Stallings Dry, 1892 1

Elizabeth Stallings Dry WILL, pg 1-2Elizabeth Stallings Dry WILL, pg 3&4

Transcription:

N. C. Stanly County May the 7th 1892
I Elizabeth Dry of the aforesaid County and State being of Sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of my Earthly Existence Do make this my last will and testament in manner and forever herein after mentioned I. E.
1st that my Executors herein after mentioned Shall after my Decease provide for my body a decent Burial and pay all Expenses out of the first money that Shall come in to their hand my will and desire is for my Son D. M. Dry to Shares twenty dollars out of the estate as a devised item to make him level with the rest of my children my will is for Allice Dry my son G. W. Drys wife to have my Cupboard with all the ware that belongs to it and that my son G. W. Dry to have the [a]bove cupboard at Allice death also my will is for C. F. Dry my son to have twenty dollars  to make him equal with the balance of my children  and if my son J. T. Dry is not sattisfied my Executors shall allow or him five dollars more to make him twenty and that will make him Equal with the rest of my children. My Executors herein after mentioned shall have authority to collect all monies that is due and owing tome after collecting all the debts owing to me my Executors Shall Devid <sic> the money with all my children C. F. Dry[,] J. T Dry[,] D. M. Dry[,]J. W. Dry[,] G. W. Dry[,] C.  J. Furr and her children [,] Julian Morton and children[,] Sallie C. Efird and her children my will and desire is that all my estate shall [be] divided equally between my children share and share alike I. E. after the aforesaid divide is taken from my Estate now such house property and farming utensils, wagons, buggies as I may be own of at my decease if my children can agree and divide and if disagreement then my Executors shall sell all such tangible property that (my children disagree on the division of)(Inserted)  may own  at my decease and divid <sic> the proceed with all my bodily heirs Shear and Shear a like <sic>
Last I appoint my sons D. M. Dry and G. W. Dry Executors to this my last will and testament furthermore declair <sic> all wills heretofore made by me to be null and void where of I have Set my hand and Seal the day and year above written.
Witness D. I. Coley                         Elizabeth X her mark Dry {Seal}
A. F. Huneycutt



Elizabeth Stallings Dry was the wife of Alexander Monroe ‘Sandy’ Dry. Elizabeth and Sandy were issued a Marriage Bond in Cabarrus County, NC on 4 Dec 1844. Their exact marriage date has not been proven. 

To this union were born 9 children; 5 sons and 4 daughters. All are mentioned in the above Will with the exception of Elizabeth Dry born June 1860.

Alexander Monroe 'Sandy' Dry, husband of Elizabeth Stallings, is my 2nd Cousin 4 times removed.











_________________________
[1] WILL on Ancestry.com-- https://goo.gl/A6jaq6
[2] Probate Folder - "North Carolina Estate Files, 1663-1979," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L9CF-2X4S?cc=1911121&wc=Q649-ZJZ%3A1066690002%2C183258601%2C1066691719 : 21 May 2014), Stanly County > D > Dry, Elizabeth (1892) > image 2 of 29; State Archives, Raleigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment