Thursday, April 23, 2020

Treasure Chest Thursday~1955 City Directory, Monroe, NC

City Directory
Monroe, NC
1955

Click to enlarge


In late 1940 while living in South Carolina, my Father’s job at a local business was replaced with a machine. He had to find a new job and/or occupation.

After I completed the 1st grade in a small one-room School we moved across the State Line to Anson County, NC.

My Dad found work as a carpenter with a local construction company and we the children began school at a local high school. 
In 1955, I would turn 13 and start the 8th grade in school. Daddy was working away from home; I only knew that he was working construction elsewhere in the state.

Finding this 1955 City Directory for Monroe, NC, and finding my Father listed as a resident was quite surprising and a wonderful memento of my teenage years.  



_____________________
[1]U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989 (Beta): 1955 (Monroe, North Carolina City Directory: Monroe, North Carolina City Directory, varies), 215, Name: Charles W Purvis; digital image, Ancestry, Ancestry.com (http://www.Ancestry.com : viewed & copied 4 April 2020).

No comments:

Post a Comment