Friday, January 20, 2023

LAST WILL & TESTAMENT JOSHUA DAVID, 1822

 LAST WILL & TESTAMENT JOSHUA DAVID

In the name of God, Amen. I Joshua David, of the hundred of Pencader, in the county of Newcastle & State of Delaware being of Sound, and disposing mind and memory, but weak and sick of body, Do make and constitute this instrument as my last Will , and testament, hereby revoking, and annulling all others Wills by me heretofore made.

            That is to say. Imprimis: After the payment of my Just debts, and funeral expenses, I will absolutely, and devise to my beloved Wife Sidney I will all & every part of my personal estate, on condition only that she pays and satisfied thereout on manner directed the legacies &  bequeath herein after mentioned. 

Secondly. It is my will that my said Wife Sidney David shall exhibit And enjoy the proceeds, and profits of all my Real estate during her natural life, if the my Said wife should so long remain my Widdow, but if She should after my decease again marry, then, and immediately thereafter It is my Will that the one half of my real estate shall fall to, and be inherited by my brother Evan David, my brother Elisha David, and my nephew Hugh David Share and Share alike to them and their heirs for ever. Provided however that if after publishing in some one newspaper printed in Philadelphia for the full space of one year, my afs'd brother Evan David should not appear in proper person to claim, and enjoy his share of my real estate afs'd then It is my Will that it devolve upon and be vested in my other brother Elisha David and my nephew Hugh David Share and share alike, to them and their heirs for ever. And it is further my Will, that at the death of my Said Wife Sidney David, all and any part of my real estate shall descend and be vested in my aforesaid brother Evan David, Elisha David, and my nephew Hugh David, if my afsd brother Evan David should then be living and shall appear to claim the same in manner as before mentioned and if he shall not be then living, or fail to appear at the time and space of one year thereafter as aforesaid, then the whole real estate for all intents and purposes to be and descend to my brother Elisha David, and my nephew Hugh David Share and share alike to them and their heirs for ever.----

And it is further my Will that my brother Evan David should at the time of my death, have any children other than my afs'd nephew Hugh David, then to each such Child I will one Dollar out of my personal estate. 

And it is further my Will that there be paid to my niece Margaret David, daughter of my brother Elisha David the sum of twenty Dollars to be paid out of my personal estate.

And it is further my Will that there be paid out of my personal estate one year after my decease, the Sum of One hundred Dollars to my niece Sarah Ellis.    

And Lastly, I do hereby nominate, appoint, and constitute my Wife Sidney David Sole Executrix of this my Last Will and Testament.----

                        In Witnesfs of all which I have in the presence of the subscribing witnefs, hereunto Set my hand and Seal, and this instrument pronounced publishly <sic> as my last Will. Done in the presence of us. 

Jane Stanton}                                                            Joshua David {Seal}

Jefse Bouldin}

Nathan Bouldin}    


Newcastle County} Personally appeared Jefse Bouldin & Nathan Bouldin Esqr two of the subscribing witnefses to the above and foregoing Will, who being solemnly sworn on the Holy Evangelist of Almighty God did say that they saw Joshua David the Testator sign and seal the above & foregoing instrument of Writing and heard him publish pronounced and declare the same to be his last Will and Testament. That at the time of his so doing and saying he was (to the best of their belief) of sound disposing mind and memory that it was at the request of the testator and in his presence they subscribed their names thereto as witnefses and at the same time saw Jane Stanton subscribed her name as another witnefs to the same. In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand at Newcastle the 7th day of November A. D. 1819. 

                                                                                 Evan Thomas Reg. 


Joshua David/Davis died 31 October 1819 in Newcastle County, Delaware. He was a son of Evan David/Davis, Jr. and Mary Haughey. He had 5 brothers, one of which had migrated away from home to parts unknown.  


Joshua David/Davis is my 1st Cousin 6X Removed. 



______________________________

1. LAST WILL & TESTAMENT JOSHUA DAVID (1819), WILL BOOK: Will Book R1; pages 310-312; Register of Wills, Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware.

2. Find A Grave, Inc., Find A Grave, database and digital images, (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 6 January 2023); Memorial page for Joshua David; (Unk-31 Oct. 1819); Find a Grave memorial # 14462243, Citing Pencader Cemetery; Glasgow, New Castle County, Delaware, USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment