Sunday, August 25, 2019

Deed of Gift~Henry Davis, Jun’r to Benjamin Davis


Henry Davis, Jun’r to Benjamin Davis

South Carolina}
Marion District} Know all men by these presents that I Henry Davis, Jun’r in consideration of the Affection which I have for My relation Benjamin Davis do Give + release unto the Said Benjamin Davis all my rights Title Interest + Claim which I could have In that part of Thomas Port Will left to Francis Port During her natural life according to Said Thomas Ports Will to have + to hold all Such rights Title Interest + Estate to him + To his heirs forever In Witnefs whereof I have hereunto Set my Hand + Seal this 30th October 1817. Henry Davis Jun’r Signed in the presence of JB. Godfrey B. F. Godfrey.

South Carolina}
Marion District} Personally appeared before Me Austin Stone one of the Justices of the peace of said District John B. Godfrey who being duly sworn declareth that he saw Henry Davis Jun’r Sign + deliver the within instrument  of writing for the uses and purposes therein contained and that Benj. F. Godfrey was a Subscribing Witnefs To the Same JB Godfrey. Sworn before me this 30th Oct. 1817. Austin Stone J.P.

I haven’t sorted out the exact relationship of these two men but these Davis' are my 5th and 6th generation relatives.



____________________
[1] https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSLV-5V1P?i=464&cat=472601 >>> Marion County, SC; Register of Deeds
Deed Book G, page 57

No comments:

Post a Comment