Sunday, February 2, 2020

Deed of Gift~Sarah Sellers to Elizabeth Lampley

“in consideration of the Natural love and affection which I have for my granddaughter Elizabeth Lampley of said county and State aforesaid. I hereby give and convey to the said Elizabeth Lampley at my death all my real and personal property which I may then possess consisting of household and kitchen furniture (page 621) also my Stock of horses cattle hogs and all the provisions and crops which I may possess at my decease also the interest on the money which was willed me by my father if it is ever collected.”

This introductory statement leaves no doubt that Sarah (Pratt Brooks) Sellers was leaving all her worldly goods to her granddaughter Elizabeth Lampley at her demise.

Her granddaughter Elizabeth Lampley was Mary Elizabeth Lampley daughter of Mary Elizabeth Brooks and Jacob E. Lampley. 

Mary Elizabeth Brooks was the daughter of Sarah Pratt and Thomas Brooks.

Sarah Pratt’s first husband was Thomas Brooks. After his death, she married Roland R. Sellers as her 2nd husband.


Sarah Sellers To Elizabeth Lampley 
             State of North Carolina Anson County Know all men by these presents that I Sarah Sellers of the county and State aforesaid and for and in consideration of the Natural love and affection which I have for my granddaughter Elizabeth Lampley of said county and State aforesaid. I hereby give and convey to the said Elizabeth Lampley at my death all my real and personal property which I may then possess consisting of household and kitchen furniture (page 621) also my Stock of horses cattle hogs and all the provisions and crops which I may possess at my decease also the interest on the money which was willed me by my father if it is ever collected. I also devise that said Elizabeth Lampley should have the 
money coming to me from the estate of John Pratt dec'd if collected and that when said Elizabeth Lampley shall come into possession of the above mentioned property She will give to Susan Sellers daughter of Phillip A. Sellers the Sum of Ten dollars ($10.00)in money and the bed quilt formerly owned by my deceased grand child Emeline Sellers the said bed quilt has her name marked on it and if said Elizabeth Lampley died without heirs I decree that the above name property Shall be given to her three brothers Thomas, John and Robert Lampley to have and to hold Said above named property to her and her heirs forever and I do hereby covenant with Said Elizabeth Lampley and her heirs to warrant the title to Said above named property the lawful claim or claims of any and all persons whatsoever.
Given under my hand and Seal this the fourth day of March 1868.
Witnefs                                                                         Sarah X her mark Sellers
J. C. Smith
T. C. Streater


State of North Carolina}        County Court Clerk Office
Anson County}                    March 10th day 1868
Then the foregoing Deed of Gift from Sarah Sellers to Elizabeth Lampley was duly proven before me  by the oath of J. C. Smith a Subscribing Withefs thereto and ordered to be registered 51 tax paid by J. C. Smith                                  P. J. Coppedge, Clerk



Sarah (Pratt Brooks) Sellers is the wife of Roland R. Sellers.  

Roland R. Sellers my first cousin 4 times removed.








_________________________________
[1] Land Deed - Sarah Sellers To Elizabeth Lampley; 4 March 1868; Deed Book #16; Page(s) Pages 620-621; Regisdter of Deeds; Wadesboro, Anson County, North Carolina; 19 May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment